Recipe provided by Something Natural, Nantucket.
- 8 to 10 slices Portuguese or sourdough bread
- 4 or 5 large leaves of green leaf or other leafy lettuce
- 1 large or 2 small ripe tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 to 1 ½ pounds smoked turkey beast, sliced thin
- 8 to 10 thin slices of Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Spread mayonnaise, salt and pepper and a couple slices of Swiss cheese on one slice of bread. Layer lettuce, turkey and tomatoes on the other side. Close and enjoy.