Recipe provided by The Red Pheasant Inn, 905 Main Street, Dennis.
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced or quartered
- 2 stalks rhubarb, peeled and sliced into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup sugar, split
- ½ vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries in a bowl. Add ½ cup sugar and the vanilla bean seeds. Toss and set aside for two to three hours.
- Place rhubarb in baking dish and toss with ½ cup sugar. Cover with foil and bake for 10-15 minutes until soft, but not mushy. Remove from oven, uncover and let cool.
- Mix with the strawberries. Use all of the juice from the strawberries and rhubarb.