- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 ounces cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine dry ingredients. Cube butter into small pieces. Cut butter into dry ingredients with pastry blender or paddle attachment on mixer.
- Whisk together liquid ingredients. Add all at once to dry ingredients and mix until moist. Do not over mix.
- Turn out onto floured surface, knead about one minute, flatten to ½ inch thick round, and punch out using a cutter. Depending on the size of your cutter, this should make approximately 10 biscuits, so you will have extra left over.
- Brush lightly with beaten egg and bake for 15 – 20 minutes until golden on top.
- Split biscuits and heap strawberry mixture on the bottom half. Add a dollop of whipped cream and cover with top of biscuit. Dust with confectioner’s sugar.