With a green salad, some artisanal sliced sausage, and warm fresh bread, this is a great summer meal.
- 1 15-ounce can red kidney beans
- 1 15-ounce can yellow beans
- 1 15-ounce can green beans (sliced, not French)
- 1 15-ounce can chick peas
- 1 8-ounce can artichoke hearts
- 1 cup pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality (preferably aged) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard (preferably stoneground)
- salt to taste
- Drain all beans and chick peas and put in a large mixing bow. Slice Kalamata olives and drained artichoke hearts into small pieces. Add cherry tomatoes, also chopped into small pieces. Stir together carefully so as not to break vegetables; chop the onion fine and add to the vegetables. Add capers and mix in Parmesan cheese.
- Toss carefully with dressing.