Recipe provided by Frank and Emily Petrulli from the Cuttyhunk Union Methodist Church cookbook, Cuttyhunk Favorites.
- 2 cups peeled apples slices
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- ¼ cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook apples slices on stovetop then mash slightly. Add flour, sugar and salt.
- Beat egg and vanilla then add to mixture. Beat sour cream until light and fold into apple mixture.
- Pour filling into pie shell. Bake for 40 minutes.
- For the topping blend, with or without food processor, sugar, flour, cinnamon and butter/margarine. Blend until crumbly.
- Remove, sprinkle with topping and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cold with whipped cream.