Recipe courtesy of Le Grenier French Restaurant, 96 Main Street (Second Floor), Vineyard Haven, Martha’s Vineyard
- 4 ounce package of goat cheese, formed like a hockey puck, not a log
- 4 sheets of phyllo dough, each sheet should roughly measure 9” by 10”
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey plus more to drizzle
- salad greens for two
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- Slice cheese in half horizontally so you have 2 large circles. Place one circle in the middle of two sheets of phyllo dough. Top with 1 tablespoon of walnuts and 1 tablespoon of honey. Gently bring the four corners of the dough together to loosely form a large chocolate candy kiss. Twist the dough lightly on the top. Prepare the other circle of goat cheese the same way.
- Heat in the oven until the goat cheese is warm and the dough is golden brown.
- Toss the greens with the orange balsamic vinaigrette and place on plate. Top with the warm phyllo-dough- encrusted goat cheese. Drizzle honey on the dough and serve.