This recipe is from Tiina Polvere, the proprietor of Petticoat Row Bakery on Nantucket. She
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 16 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 ounces butter
- 2 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 2 ½ cups pecans, chopped or whole
- 2 ½ cups walnuts, chopped or whole
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
Preheat oven to 250° F.
In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter. Allow to cool to room temperature.
With a mixer, beat eggs and add all ingredients except nuts and chips. Stir in nuts and chips. Place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Courses: Cookies