Traditional Cape Cod Linguisa Stuffed Quahogs
Recipe courtesy of Chad’s Stuffed Quahogs. These stuffed quahogs, Cape Cod Clams, and Cape Cod Scallops Casinos can be found at local restaurants. They can also be purchased at the Clam Man Fish Market in Falmouth, Joe’s Lobster Mart in Sandwich, West Falmouth Market in West Falmouth and Jack In The Beanstalk in North Falmouth.
- Fresh local hard shell chowder quahogs – about 12 – 15 pounds will yield about 1 ¼ to 1 ½ pounds of meal
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 ounce garlic, minced
- ½ pound linguica, chopped
- ¼ pound white onions, diced
- 1/3 tablespoon of dry hot red crushed pepper
- 1 ½ to 1 ¾ pound day old Portuguese style bread
- about 4 cups of quahog broth
- Steam quahogs until they are open and reserve broth for later use.
- Remove quahog meat from shells and grind meat. Save shells.
- Sauté butter, garlic, linguisa, onions and crushed hot pepper.
- Chop bread into shredded stuffing type crumbs with a food processor.
- Add broth and quahog meat to sautéed mixture. Mix together and then add to breadcrumbs. Fold together. Add more broth if needed.
- Place quahog stuffing mixture into shells.
- Bake at 350° on cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes and enjoy one of Cape Cod’s finest delicacies.