Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 cup each of chopped Romaine lettuce, Bibb lettuce and Red Leaf lettuce
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 2 medium red potatoes
- ¼ pound string beans
- 1 large tomato
- 1-1/4 pounds fresh tuna steaks
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 lemon wedges
- Salad-Niçoise Dressing
- Boil the potatoes until just tender, drain, cool, and dice.
- Steam the string beans for two minutes, drain, and cool.
- Place the tuna steaks in a small pot with the bay leaf and a pinch of salt. Add just enough water to cover the fish, bring to a simmer, and cook gently for four minutes.
- Drain the liquid, allow the fish to cool and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Wash the lettuce.
- Peel, seed, and slice the cucumber.
- Slice the tomato into wedges.
- Place the fish and all the prepared vegetables into a large mixing bowl and toss with just enough dressing to coat the salad. Plate and serve with lemon wedges.