Recipe provided by Martha Ross from The Emerson House Cookbook, Cornucopia.
- 1 ½ pounds boneless veal, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cut veal into small cubes and brown in a 12-inch skillet in oil. Stir in onion, garlic, parsley, paprika and broth. Simmer, covered for 15 – 20 minutes. (This can be done ahead of time.)
- At the last minute, stir in the rice and cook, covered for another 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt. Do not let boil! Garnish with parsley.
- You may freeze it if you add rice and sour cream after thawing. Simmer the rice (do not use converted or instant) for 15 minutes, covered as directed above, and add the sour cream and seasonings.