Recipe from the Dan' Webster Inn in Sandwich.
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and large diced
- 2 tablespoons maple sugar
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Bake sweet potatoes until soft. Remove skin and discard. Reserve potatoes. Set aside.
3. In a large stockpot combine Yukon Gold potatoes and butternut squash. Add enough cold water to completely submerge.
4. Over medium heat bring to a boil then lower to a simmer. Cook until potatoes are soft enough to flake apart with a fork.
5. Strain into colander making sure all excess water has been drained.
6. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients together and mash until ingredients are smooth and well incorporated.