- Redesigned search logic
- Search sorts by relevance instead of by date
- Search highlights search terms and adjust excerpt to include search term.
- Redesigned Cape Cod Life Support documentation
- Added Cape Cod Life Video Channel
- Users can now log in with their Email Address (and username).
- Updated Advertiser Settings modules
- Resolved duplicate permalinks for LIFE and HOME stories
- Recompiled subscriber settings into “Profile Settings” and “Digital Subscription Settings”
- Introduction of Premium Accounts
- New icons to flag free content
- Added FTP Tutorial to Support section
- Upcoming events now include town names
- Added Twitter feed to home page, below menu
- Issues now display with cover icons
- Added Google Maps to the page for each event
- Issues icons display on Magazines Menu
Best of Cape Cod & the Islands – Official Ballot
2.0 (2012 Ballot)
- New visual theme and interface layout, incorporating elements from the June 2011 issue of Cape Cod LIFE
- New page layouts for tablet and smart phone devices
- Added Facebook & Twitter connectivity
- Added “Reader Survey” question group to gather anonymous reader data
- Double opt-in email process has been replaced with a simpler email sign-up (no more lost emails in SPAM boxes)
- Autocompletion re-worked to gather data from Google Places database
- Autocompletion now sorts suggestions based on semantic relevance (instead of alphabetically)
- Autocompletion only returns suggestions when the query count is less than 10 (keeps the “A”s from showing up all the time)
- Users may no longer save and return to their ballot (reduces incomplete ballots)
1.0 (2011 Ballot)
- New survey technology allowing for complex data analysis
- Implemented autocompletion using a local establishment database
- Ballot is now accessible from an easier URL (capecodlife.com/vote/)
- Added printable and PDF versions of each question group or entire ballot
Versions consist of a three digit number in the form of major.minor.maintenance, e.g. 6.0.2 (major version 6, minor version 0, maintenance version 2.)
A change in the third digit (e.g, 6.0.2 to 6.0.3) is a maintenance update (patch.) This means that:
- Each maintenance update provides higher security / reliability.
- No new features are included (although the first few maintenance releases can contain some changes to existing features based on the feedback received).
A change to the second digit (e.g., 6.0 to 6.1) is a minor release. This means that:
- This will include new features plus bug fixes from prior releases.
A change in the first digit (e.g., 6.x to 7.x) is a major release. This means that:
- This will include major changes in functionality or add high-demand functionality
- This may include architectural changes, changes to API’s (as part of deprecation process) and may change internal schema.