- This event has passed.
Regenerative Gardening and Feasting
September 6 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
The buzzwords of how we should live, eat and garden keep changing. Once, having an organic lifestyle was a triumph. But now we are asked about the health of the land and the soil that are producing our food. How can the home gardener and foodie bring their daily choices to the next level? Learn how to incorporate regenerative gardening, soil biodiversity, locally sourced food, and plant-based living into your day to day life.
To help demystify this new food road map join our hosts – Roxanne Kapitan, master edibles gardener at Oakleaf Landscape, and Kyleen Keenan, plant-based chef and holistic food coach and founder of Not Your Sugar Mamas to gain the skills to successfully transition your garden, home practices, and diet to a new level of wellness. To help seal in your experience Valerie Sonnenthal will close with a Healthy Sound Meditation.
Hands-on learning experiences will include:
- Garden: build healthy soil practice regenerative planting, promote season long production
- Herbs: explore culinary and medicinal plants
- Yard: Transition your yard from consumer to producer with edible landscapes
- Food Waste: Build and maintain a compost bin
- Cooking: select and prepare vibrant plant-based, simple meals
- Wellness: Explore how eating plant-based, nutrient-rich superfoods help foster an anti-inflammatory diet and are beneficial for health and well-being.
- Sound: w/ Valerie Sonnenthal of Peaked Hill Studio
10 am-noon: Garden practices with Roxanne
12-12:15 – stretch, breath, mini-munch
12:15–1:45 pm: Cooking Class with Ky
1:45 -2:30 pm Lunch with the team
2:30 – 3:00 Sound Meditation with Valerie