Butternut Apple Bisque
- 1 jumbo Spanish onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 lb. Butternut Squash peeled, seeds removed, cooked & mashed
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 3 cups Organic apple juice
- 2 tsp Fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1-1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Salt or more to taste
- 1 tsp White Pepper or more to taste
- Sauté onion in olive oil until golden brown. Add Granny Smith apple and sauté until softened.
- Add next five ingredients, only using two cups of the apple juice, and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer, but do not boil. Slowly add the butter, stirring continuously until melted and combined.
- Mix together the remaining cup of apple juice with the cornstarch. Whisk the cold cornstarch slurry into the bisque and bring back to a simmer for six to seven minutes. Season to taste. Bisque is ready when thickened.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More