Nauset Light – Eastham
Year Founded: 1838
Currently Exists: Yes
Accessible to Public: Yes
Visiting Hours: May 10 through May 17: Sunday, 1 to 4 p.m.
May 24 through Sept. 6: Sundays 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
July 1 through August 26: Wednesdays 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 13 through October 25: Sundays 1 to 4 p.m.
Address:125 Nauset Light Beach Road.
Past & Present
PICTURE BY: Past – Cape Cod Life Archives | Present – Raj Das
Note: Three lighthouses once existed at Nauset Beach to differentiate the area from Highland Light in Truro, which had one lighthouse, and Chatham Light to the south, which had two. Because the three lights resembled women clothed in white dresses and black hats, the lighthouses were called the “Three Sisters of Nauset.”