One of our coastal region’s culinary stars—the simple scallop—adds memorable seaside flavor to Thanksgiving feasts from appetizer to entrée.
Fresh scallops are a seasonal pleasure on Cape Cod and Islands tables from October through March. Delicate bay scallops harvested from Martha’s Vineyard, Nantucket and Cape Cod waters and hearty sea scallops dug from George’s Bank grace many a feast, especially around the holidays. Plated on artfully arranged tables with a view of the bounding sea that has given us bounty since the very first Thanksgiving shared by the Mayflower Pilgrims and the Indians, one of these recipes will be an especially fitting addition to your seaside Thanksgiving feast this year.
- Bay Scallops Escabèche
- Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Carrot Ginger Purée
- Scallop Cakes with Green Tabasco Lime Aioli
- Scallop Casserole
- Smoked Scallop Appetizer with Dill Crème Fraîche
- Grilled Scallops with Lobster Basil Cream Sauce
- Pan Seared Scallops with Pear and Butternut Squash Purée