A Cape Cod Thanksgiving tradition
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup cooked squash
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Butter melted and cooled, or ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat milk to lukewarm, add yeast and stir until dissolved.
- Add sugar, salt, eggs and squash to yeast mixture.
- Stir in 3 cups of flour and mix well.
- Add butter or oil and blend into dough.
- Stir in enough of the additional 3 to 4 cups of flour to make a stiff dough or until dough gathers around dough hook of mixer.
- Knead on well-floured board until smooth. Place in large greased bowl and let rise until double in bulk. Punch down, shape and place on greased baking sheet. Let rise again until double in size. Bake at 400° until slightly brown.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More