Servings: 24 cookies
- 1-3/4 cups Flour
- 2 sticks Butter or margarine (1 of each is recommended)
- 3/4 cup Ground almonds or almond meal
- 1 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 1 (15 oz. jar) Apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flour and butter/margarine in bowl and mix by hand until mixture forms pea-size balls. Add almonds and sugar. Knead until well mixed. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use a cookie cutter to cut into small circles.
- Bake until light brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately spread half the cookies with jam. Use the other cookies to form sandwiches. Cool slightly. Roll in confectioner’s sugar.
This recipe is from FJC Cooks! a cookbook of favorite recipes from the Falmouth Jewish Congregation. It also appeared in the Spring 2015 issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!