Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 4 slices Bacon or pancetta cut into half inch pieces
- 1 large Onion minced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 1/2 lb. Ground pork
- 2 Carrots shredded
- 1 stalk Celery chopped
- 2 cans (28 oz each) Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/2 cup Chicken stock
- 1/2 pint Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Chopped basil (optional)
- 1 lb. Pasta
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil and then sauté onion and garlic. Add bacon or pancetta and cook until done, but not too crisp.
- Crumble in the ground beef and pork and brown well. After the meat is browned and crumbled nicely, add white wine and let simmer for about five minutes. Add chicken stock, carrots and celery. Let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, basil and parsley.
- Cover; reduce heat to medium and let cook for about one hour, stirring occasionally. After one hour, stir in heavy cream. The sauce will become pink in color. Let sauce cook another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta. Serve the sauce over the pasta and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Liz Flynn, our comptroller, gave us the Bolognese Sauce recipe from her dear friend, Rachele Baviello. This recipe is from Rachele's Italian mother, Annette Gatti. Liz says she prefers not to cook, but enjoys meals prepared by family and friends. This recipe also appeared in the 2013 Cape Cod LIFE Annual Guide.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You might also like:
Gunkholing: A Special Memory
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Gunkholing: Best of Both Worlds
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
Ultimate Cape Cod: HGTV’S Ultimate House Hunt highlights properties across the Cape
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More
Shortcode field is empty!