Servings: 8 servings
- 12 tbsp Olive Oil separated
- 1 lb. Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 1 tsp Thyme leaves
- 4 oz. Sweet Vermouth
- 8 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 6 oz. Goat cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Pecans toasted and chopped
- 1 lb. Penne pasta al dente
- 6 fresh Basil leaves chiffonades
- To roast butternut squash: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place butternut squash in roasting pan and toss with four tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper; roast for 30 minutes until tender.
- To caramelize onions: In a sauté pan, heat two tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook on stovetop, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- In large sauté pan, heat six tablespoons of olive oil and sauté garlic, thyme, and chopped basil for two minutes. Stir in cooked penne pasta, sweet vermouth, caramelized onions, butter, goat cheese, cubed roasted butternut squash, and pecans. Garnish with basil chiffonades.
This recipe is provided by The Pilot House located at 14 Gallo Road in Sandwich and also appeared in the 2014 November/December issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!