Cape Cod Select Cranberry Chili
Servings: 6 servings
- 3 cups Ground turkey (24 oz.)
- 2 cans Beans drained and rinsed, any beans - we like black and kidney
- 1 Onion diced
- 1-2 ounces Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 3 cups Tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Salsa
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 cups Cape Cod Select frozen cranberries do not thaw
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter and diced onion, sauté until onion is translucent. Add turkey. Once turkey is fully cooked add the following: tomato sauce, salsa, cranberry sauce, chili power, garlic salt, and beans. Mix well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for one hour, stirring occasionally. After one hour chili is ready to serve!
- Pulse 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup honey, and 2 cups cranberries in a food processor or blender. Keep some cranberries whole. Set aside.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
You might also like:
Gunkholing: A Special Memory
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Gunkholing: Best of Both Worlds
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
Ultimate Cape Cod: HGTV’S Ultimate House Hunt highlights properties across the Cape
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More
Shortcode field is empty!