Servings: 12 servings
- 1-1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup Light brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Strawberry Filling & Sauce
- 3 pints Fresh strawberries hulled and cut in half
- 3 cup Sugar
- 1-1/2 Lemons juiced
- 2 (8 oz. blocks) Cream Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 pint Sour cream
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until the mixture begins to come together into small balls of dough. Press mixture into a 13 by 9 baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Strawberry Filling & Sauce:
- Warm sugar and lemon juice over low heat until sugar just about dissolves, stirring. Add the strawberries and cook on low 10 to 15 minutes. The mixture should be at a low boil with some of the juices released. Turn heat off.
- Cut cream cheese into approximately one-inch squares and blend on medium speed in an electric mixer until smooth. At slow speed add eggs, one at a time. Increase speed until well combined after each one, scraping the bowl between additions. Slowly add sugar while mixing on low, then beat about two minutes until a creamy consistency. Stop mixer, add sour cream and beat on medium until just combined.
- Pour two-thirds of the strawberry filling over the crust, then top with the cheesecake filling.
- To bake cheesecake, place pan into a larger pan. Fill half way up the side of the cheesecake pan with water so the cheesecake is in a bath of water, but be careful not to get water into the cheesecake. (Heat a pot of water to boiling on the stovetop and pour the boiling water into the pan once it is in the oven so you don’t have to transport the cheesecake in the water bath.)
- Cook about 35 minutes. It will still have a bit of movement to it, although not liquid. It will firm after chilling. Serve drizzled with the reserved strawberry sauce.
Recipe provided by The Island Merchant at 302 Main Street in Hyannis and as appeared in the 2012 Early Summer issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!