- 1 lb Chicken tenders (if large, cut in half)
- 8 large Shrimp cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 ounces Prosciutto chopped
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 12 ounces Chicken stock
- 4 ounces Dry White Wine
- 6 Garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces Cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 lb Penne pasta (cook pasta at end of preparation to keep hot)
- 12 ounces Baby spinach
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Reserved starchy water from cooking the pasta
- Dredge chicken in flour. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it shimmers, and sauté the chicken. When chicken is golden brown, add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through. Add prosciutto and garlic and sauté for approximately 30 seconds. When prosciutto starts to curl, deglaze the pan with white wine and the chicken stock. Simmer with chicken and shrimp until the sauce starts to thicken. Add cannellini beans and simmer until heated through.
- Add cooked, hot pasta and spinach to the mixture. Toss everything together and add a little of the reserved starchy water if needed. Finish with grated cheese. Serves 4, family style.
This recipe is from Alberto’s Ristorante, 360 Main Street, Hyannis • albertos.net This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!