Dry-Rubbed Fish Tacos
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 6 Mint leaves stems removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Chipotle pepper pureed (add more for desired heat)
- 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 4 cups plain Coleslaw mix (no dressing added)
- 1-1/2 lbs Cod filet boneless, skinless (or any fish of your choice)
- 8 Soft flour taco shells (6 inch shells)
- 1/2 lb jicama peeled and sliced to match stick size
- 1/2 lb Tomato sliced thin
- 1 Avocado peeled, pitted, and sliced thin
- 4 tbsp Paprika
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 2 tsp Ginger powder
- Canola Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Combine all ingredients and set aside.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl. Whisk until well blended and toss with coleslaw mix. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine spice mixture of paprika, cumin, curry, and ginger in a small bowl.
- Slice fish filets into 1/2 thick strips. Sprinkle filets with salt and lightly coat all sides with spice mixture. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add enough canola oil to just cover bottom of pan. Allow oil to lightly smoke and carefully place fish strips in pan, without touching each other. Cook each side for 45 seconds and remove to plate.
- Place tacos shells on plate. Add coleslaw mixture, avocado, jicama, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add fish and top with a dollop of mint-chipotle mayonnaise. Makes 8 tacos.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More