- 3 tbsps butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups freshly, finely shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large, deep skillet (or sauté pan) over medium heat. Add flour, cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly, then add garlic and sauté until flour and garlic are golden, about 30 seconds longer.
- While whisking, slowly pour in heavy cream and milk. Cook stirring constantly until mixture simmers and thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in Parmigiano-Reggiano. Return to low heat, stir and let cheese melt through.
- Cover and keep warm over warm heat, stirring occasionally, until pasta is finished.
Recipe appeared in the 2022 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME. Recipe from Amie Académie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!