Servings: 4 8 oz jars
- 4 glass jars and coordinating lids
- 17 oz white and red raspberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 2.5 tbs fresh lemon juice
- Put all ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer stirring frequently to break up some, but not all of the fruit.
- Pectin in unripe raspberries provides enough natural thickener to provide thickening for the preserves.
- In a pot deep enough to just submerge jars, boil water and place jars without covers to warm the jars through.
- Remove warm jars from the water bath and wipe out excess water. Pour preserves into jars and put lids on without fully tightening. Place jars in simmering water for at least 5 minutes. The process of steaming in the water bath will expand the seal and make the jars of preserves airtight. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is from Olde Homestead Farm in Marstons Mills and appeared in Cape Cod HOME Autumn 2023.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!