- 2 cups basil or spinach leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- Pick off the basil leaves from the branches. Discard any bruised or blackened leaves. Rinse the leaves in a bowl of cold water. Using a salad spinner, gently spin the leaves dry.
- Place all the ingredients in the food processor except the olive oil. Turn on the processor and stream in the olive oil.
- Pour the sauce into a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and reserve until ready to use.
Yields 2 cups. Recipe appeared in the 2022 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME. Recipe from Amie Académie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!