Salted Caramel Scone with Candied Bacon
Servings: 15 scones (approximately)
- 5 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 tsps baking powder
- 1 ½ tsps salt
- 1 ¾ cup caramel bits
- 1 ½ cup butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 4 tbsps of vanilla paste
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using a bench scraper, add butter to the dry mix and cut the ingredients together. Add caramel bits, combine, and place the bowl in the fridge or freezer to chill.
- In a separate bowl, mix in cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla paste. After wet ingredients are combined, add them to the chilled dry mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Scoop mixture into 2.5 inch balls refrigerate for 30 minutes to chill.
- Bake at 350º for 26-28 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool, approximately 15-20 mins.
- Drizzle with your favorite jarred salted caramel sauce, and sprinkle bacon and salt to taste.
This recipe appeared in Cape Cod LIFE April 2023. Recipe kindly supplied by Lighthouse Keepers Pantry in Yarmouth where you can find these scones freshly made as well as pick up some baking mixes to make your own goodies.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!