- 2 tbsps olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves roughly chopped (use as much or as little as preferred)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1-2 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 28 oz can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- Heat oil in pan and add garlic cloves. Be careful not to burn the garlic, as it will become bitter.
- Once garlic is infused in the oil, remove from pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer until sauce thickens.
TIP: to reduce some of the acid, add a teaspoon of baking soda to your sauce. This recipe appeared in the 2022 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME. Recipe from Amie Académie.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!