Servings: 4 servings
- 1-1/2 lb. Salmon fillets
- 1 Ripe mango
- 1 cup Fresh pineapple cubes
- 1 tbsp fresh Ginger peeled and grated or chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh cilantro leaves chopped
- Pepper to season
- Wash and peel mango. Remove flesh from mango; pieces do not need to be cubed or uniform in size. Place in blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add pineapple and process into small, pea-size chunks. Place mixture in a bowl, add cilantro, ginger, and pepper, and chill until served. (For even more flavor, grill the pineapple before adding to the mango puree.) Serve with warm or chilled salmon.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high. Cut salmon into four pieces, brush lightly with oil. Place salmon on grill, skin side down, and cook for five minutes. Turn salmon over and continue cooking two to three minutes. For a well-done piece, continue cooking two additional minutes. (Salmon may be oven roasted at 375°, with skin side down, for approximately 10 minutes.)
Recipe courtesy of Carol Williams Catering of Osterville and it also appeared in the 2013 Spring issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.