Servings: 8 servings
- 8 Zucchinis each 2-1/2 to 3 inches long
- 1 Carrot peeled and cut in 2-inch long matchsticks
- 1/2 Red bell pepper cut in matchsticks
- 1 stalk Celery peeled and cut in 2-inch long matchsticks
- 1/2 Parsnip peeled and cut in 2-inch long matchsticks
- 1/4 Turnip peeled and cut in 2-inch long matchsticks
- 24 spears Asparagus cut to 2 inches
- Hollow out the zucchini ¾ of the way down; don’t cut through the bottom of the zucchini. Blanch zucchini in salted boiling water for 45 seconds. Chill.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Oven roast all vegetables that have been lightly coated with olive oil (except the zucchini) for 2-1/2 minutes. Set aside to cool. When cool, stuff roasted vegetables in zucchini timbales.
This recipe is provided by The Pilot House, located at 14 Gallo Road in Sandwich, and also appeared in the 2014 November/December issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!