A Clambake/Not a Clambake
- Corn Kernels from 6 corncobs (set aside 4 tablespoons of kernels)
- 1 Yellow Onion diced
- 4 Garlic clove minced
- 2 quarts cream
- 1/2 cup Creme Fraiche
- 6 tbsp Creme Fraiche
- 2 tsp Sweet paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Chives minced
- 2 Lobsters steamed and meat removed from shell and cubed
- 18 Littleneck clams steamed and removed from shells
- 18 Mussels steamed and removed from shells
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and sweat until translucent the onion, garlic, paprika, cayenne, and corn kernels (except the reserved 4 tablespoons). Do not brown.
- Add cream and corncobs, bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove corncobs, add ½ cup of crème fraiche and salt. Using a blender, blend until smooth. Strain.
- Divide bisque between 6 bowls. Divide lobster cubes, clams, and mussels in a scattered pattern on top of the bisque. Sprinkle reserved corn kernels over bisque. Garnish with a tablespoon of crème fraiche and chives. Serves 6.
This recipe is from Cape Cod LIFE’s second annual “Best of” recipe section from the April 2017 issue.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More