Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb. bay scallops cleaned
- 1/2 each red and yellow peppers pith removed, seeded and small dice
- 1 Lemon zest and juice
- 2 tbsp Pepperoncini seeded and minced
- 4 tbsp Pepperoncini juice
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 tsp Piment D'Espelette or hot paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp Italian parsley minced
To poach scallops:
- Place the scallops in a large sauté pan. Cover the scallops by about 1 inch of lightly salted water. Bring the water to a simmer and simmer the scallops for two minutes or until they are 50% cooked. Strain and cool completely.
To prepare marinade:
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients except the basil and parsley. Mix the marinade and scallops together, adjust salt and pepper and refrigerate for 4 – 12 hours. Fold in the basil and parsley just before serving. Serve in a chilled bowl with lemon.
This recipe is from Chatham Bars Inn at 297 Shore Road in Chatham. This recipe appeared in the 2014 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!