- 1 quart Blueberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 cups Flour
- 4 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 4 tbsp Pure lard
- 3/4 cup Milk
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- Pick over and wash the blueberries. Place in a 2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the cup of sugar mixed with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Moisten with the water and lemon juice. Stir lightly with a fork.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Stir again and bake for 10 more minutes. Increase the oven heat to 425° and remove the blueberries while making the biscuit dough.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and two tablespoons sugar into a bowl. Work the butter and lard in with your fingertips. Moisten the dough with the milk.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the hot blueberries. Return to the oven and bake until the biscuits have risen well and are golden brown, or about 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar. Serve with plenty of cream.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More