Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toasted Pecans
- 3 oz. Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 3 oz. Margarine at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 2 ½ cups pastry flour)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 17 oz. Flour tortillas
- 8 oz. Pecans lightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spread pecans on a baking pan and bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and margarine together until fluffy. Add sugars and combine until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl with a rubber spatula and then mixing after each addition. Add vanilla. Add flour mixture and mix just until blended. Scrape with the spatula. Roughly chop the pecans so you have some large and some small pieces. Add chocolate chips and pecans to the cookie mixture and fold in with the spatula.
- Form into balls, place on a greased cookie sheet, flatten slightly with your hand, and bake until golden (about 12 minutes).
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More