Servings: 24 cookies
- 1-1/2 cups Unsalted Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups Pecans finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/3 cup Confectioners' sugar for rolling baked cookies
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Cream butter and confectioner's sugar until light and fluffy. Add chopped nuts, vanilla, and blend in the flour gradually. Mix well.
- Scoop dough into balls (about 2 ounces) and pat down with your hand until slightly flattened. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges just begin to brown. Allow cookies to cool and roll in the additional confectioner's sugar. (These cookies can also be made into small balls.)
This recipe is from Cafe Chew at 4 Merchant's Road in Sandwich and also appeared in the 2013 May issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!