Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Carrot Ginger Purée
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 1 head Baby boy choy
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 lb. snow peas
- 1/4 lb. Fresh lobster meat cooked
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Ripe mangos chopped
- 3 medium Carrots chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Leek chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Julienne the vegetables and mix together in a small bowl. Clean and chop the fresh lobster meat and add to the vegetable mix. Juice one lemon over the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add mango, carrot, garlic, leek, ginger and chicken stock. Simmer until all vegetables are soft. Place all ingredients and stock in a food processor, add the butter and purée until smooth.
- Pan sear the sea scallops in a little oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, spoon purée on a small plate, put scallops in a ring around the plate, and place the salad in the middle of the scallops.
This recipe is from the Lobster Trap Restaurant at 290 Shore Road in Bourne and appeared in the 2014 Winter issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.