Pan Seared Sea Scallops with Carrot Ginger Purée
- 1 lb. sea scallops
- 1 head Baby boy choy
- 1 Carrot
- 1/4 lb. snow peas
- 1/4 lb. Fresh lobster meat cooked
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Ripe mangos chopped
- 3 medium Carrots chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1 Leek chopped
- 2 tbsp Ginger grated
- 2 cups Chicken stock
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- Julienne the vegetables and mix together in a small bowl. Clean and chop the fresh lobster meat and add to the vegetable mix. Juice one lemon over the mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add mango, carrot, garlic, leek, ginger and chicken stock. Simmer until all vegetables are soft. Place all ingredients and stock in a food processor, add the butter and purée until smooth.
- Pan sear the sea scallops in a little oil for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, spoon purée on a small plate, put scallops in a ring around the plate, and place the salad in the middle of the scallops.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More