- 2 - 3 lb. Striped bass fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil minced
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme minced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients to make herb butter. Makes about ¾ cup.
- Sprinkle the bass with salt and pepper and place on well-greased grill at medium heat. Cover with herb butter mixture and cook under closed grill or aluminum foil tent, basting frequently with remaining herb butter mixture for 10-15 minutes per inch thickness of fish or until fish is flaky. Serve with remaining herb butter sauce.
Recipe reprinted from Delish! The J.W. Jackson Recipes by Philip Craig and Shirley Prada Craig. This appeared in the Spring 2011 issue of Cape Cod HOME.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!