Simple Baked and Breaded Scallops
- 2 lbs. Bay or sea scallops
- 1-1/2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 385° F.
- Mix the scallops, lemon juice, and half of the melted butter in an ovenproof baking dish and add a small amount of salt and pepper, as desired. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs evenly over the scallops and then drizzle the remaining melted butter over the breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the scallops are just cooked through—approximately 10 minutes for bay scallops and 18-20 minutes for sea scallops. If the breadcrumbs have not browned nicely, switch the oven setting to broil for one minute until the desired color and a slightly crisp texture is achieved.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More