Cranberry Pistachio Truffles
- 1 cup Cranberries sweetened, dried - lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Orange Liqueur (Grand Marnier, Triple Sec)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- 16 ounces White Chocolate fine - (Callebaut's with cocoa butter & real vanilla suggested)
- 1 cup Pistachios shelled and crushed
- Lightly chop dried cranberries. Pour orange liqueur over chopped cranberries and marinate overnight. Allow the cream cheese to soften to warm room temperature.
- Chop the white chocolate into one inch (or smaller) chunks. In a glass bowl, microwave for 30 seconds only. Stir thoroughly. Microwave again for 20 seconds only. Stir thoroughly. Repeat if necessary at 10 seconds only, stirring very thoroughly each time, until only tiny chunks of chocolate remain. Continue stirring until the final chunks have melted from the latent heat in the chocolate.
- Add the white chocolate to the cream cheese and whisk. Blend until smooth. Immediately add the cranberry mixture and blend thoroughly. The ganache will begin to firm as you blend; work quickly. Allow to stand at room temperature for two hours, or refrigerate for later use.
- Spread crushed pistachios on baking sheet. Scoop the ganache mixture with melon baller or teaspoon; form into 1-inch balls and roll in crushed nuts until evenly covered.
- Place nut-covered confections in paper or foil candy cups and store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve on dessert platter at room temperature.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More