- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 5 tbsp candied ginger minced
- 1-1/2 cups Dried cranberries
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the butter and then add ginger and cranberries. Fold in two cups of heavy cream, or a little more, until the batter is just moist enough to hold together. Touch the batter as little as possible, being very gentle with it. Scoop it up in about one and a half tablespoon increments and drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until browning just begins on the tops. Remove from oven immediately and take the scones straight off the hot pan or they will burn on the bottom.
- The most important thing is to touch and bother the batter as little as possible.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More