Servings: 40 small scones
- 3 cups Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- 5 tbsp candied ginger minced
- 1-1/2 cups Dried cranberries
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in the butter and then add ginger and cranberries. Fold in two cups of heavy cream, or a little more, until the batter is just moist enough to hold together. Touch the batter as little as possible, being very gentle with it. Scoop it up in about one and a half tablespoon increments and drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes or until browning just begins on the tops. Remove from oven immediately and take the scones straight off the hot pan or they will burn on the bottom.
- The most important thing is to touch and bother the batter as little as possible.
Recipe courtesy of the Hob Knob, 128 Main Street, Edgartown, Martha’s Vineyard. This appeared in the 2010 November/December issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!