- 1 package Wide Rice noodles
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 or 2 Birds Eye chili peppers Thai chilies, sliced thin (keeping seeds will increase heat)
- 5 Chinese broccoli cut into 2-inch pieces (or conventional broccoli)
- 20 Thai basil leaves whole
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil or canola oil
- Beef thinly sliced beef, chicken, or pork (optional)
- 1/2 cup Oyster sauce
- 1/4 cup Chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamarind water (boil tamarind paste in water and strain)
- 1 tbsp Palm sugar or light brown sugar
- Combine the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions and cool in refrigerator.
- Prepare ginger-garlic paste by pureeing equal parts of ginger and garlic in a food processor or mincing finely by hand.
- Heat oil in a wok or large sauté pan until the oil begins to smoke. Add the ginger-garlic paste and Birds Eye chili peppers and cook for 45 seconds (If using meat, add and cook during this step). Add broccoli and cook for 30 seconds. Add the chilled rice noodles and toss around. Add sauce mix and toss around the ingredients for a minute or so to coat them all in the sauce. Mix in whole basil leaves and toss around. Add more fish sauce, tamarind water, and/or palm sugar to adjust sweetness, saltiness, or acidity.
- Garnish with any combination of chopped cabbage, sweet red peppers, Thai basil, and carrot peels.
- Taste, plate, garnish, and serve. Serves 2-3.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More