English Toffee Crunch
- 1 pound Butter
- 1/4 cup Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 6 to 8 ounces Milk Chocolate
- 1 - 1/3 cups Pecans and Walnuts combined
- Melt butter in heavy pan with water. Add sugar and cook over medium heat to 294° on a candy thermometer. Pour onto a greased 9x13 baking sheet.
- When spongy, after approximately 5 minutes, score with a knife into uniform squares. (If you don’t want to score, leave mixture in pan whole and break up later.)
- Cover with gently melted milk chocolate. To melt chocolate, grate chocolate into bowl and place in microwave on medium/high heat for 30 seconds. Stir. Continue heating and stirring for 30 seconds until milk chocolate is not quite melted. Stir until melted. Spread melted chocolate on toffee. Cover immediately with pecans and walnuts. Refrigerate until chocolate is solid. Invert pan and break into pieces. Store in airtight containers or plastic bags.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More