Servings: 6 pounds
- 1 cup Corn Syrup light
- 2 1/2 pounds Sugar
- 8 ounces cream light
- 3/4 cup Cranberries dried
- 3/4 cup Cranberries fresh
- 1 1/4 pounds Fondant available at baker and specialty shops
- 3 sticks Sweet Butter
- 10 ounces Chocolate unsweetened, broken into pieces
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1 1/2 tspn Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cranberry Extract or flavoring
- Place corn syrup, sugar and cream in a large saucepan. Place over medium to high heat and stir until mixture is combined. Using a candy thermometer, cook to 248 °, stirring occasionally. Add the cranberries and bring the temperature back up to 248 °.
- Remove from heat. Add fondant, butter, chocolate, pecans, cranberry flavor and salt. Stir until all is combined and no butter remains on top. Pour into a 9” x 12” x 2” pan and allow to cool before cutting.
This recipe is from The Chatham Candy Manor at 484 Main Street in Chatham.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!