Servings: 30 cookies
- 1 lb. Unsalted Cabot butter at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp Dark brown sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 6 oz. Molasses
- 4-1/2 cups Flour
- 1-1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup Organic crystallized ginger grated
- In bowl, beat butter with a mixer. Add granulated sugar gradually, until combined. Add brown sugar in two parts and combine. Gradually add molasses. Scape sides and bottom of bowl thoroughly after each ingredient is added. Add eggs one at a time. Let each egg become incorporated before adding the next egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices, and crystallized ginger. Once combined, add to wet ingredients. Scoop into golf ball size portions and place on a cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Bake at 375° F for 16 minutes or until golden brown but not too dark on the edges.
This recipe is courtesy of The Corner Store at 1403 Queen Anne Road in Chatham and also appeared in the September/October 2013 issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!