Goat Cheese Salad
- 8 Crostini about 3" in diameter
- 8 slices Spanish Cana de Cabra goat cheese or French Bucheron goat cheese
- 1/2 lb. Baby Arugula
- 1 cup Balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon or brown mustard
- pinch each Salt & Pepper
- In a salad dressing shaker or a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine all ingredients and shake vigorously until thoroughly mixed.
- To prepare the crostini, preheat oven to 400°. (At the Chapoquoit Grill, they use their focaccia or whole grain bread sliced to ½-inch thick.) Bread is then lightly toasted or can be grilled with a light brush of extra virgin olive oil. Arrange the toasted crostini on a baking sheet and top with a slice of the goat cheese. Toast for about 3 minutes in the oven or until the cheese is soft but not melted.
- In a bowl, toss arugula with the vinaigrette and move to serving platter. Cut the crostini in half and arrange around the edge of the platter with arugula in the center.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More