Servings: 8 servings
- 8 oz. Sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 16 Wellfleet or Barnstable oysters opened
- 1 Leek bottom diced
- 12 oz. Chardonnay
- 8 oz. Heavy Cream
- 1/4 tsp Black Peppercorns ground
- Wellfleet or Barnstable oysters
- Garnish, with frisée and carrot stalks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat cheddar cheese and Chardonnay in a skillet over low heat with two teaspoons of diced leek until smooth and creamy. Add peppercorns and heat for six minutes. Add heavy cream and bring to a simmer for two minutes. Set aside.
- Place oysters in a baking pan. Spoon fondue onto oysters and bake for 10 minutes.
This recipe is provided by The Pilot House located at 14 Gallo Road in Sandwich and also appeared in the 2014 November/December issue of Cape Cod LIFE.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!