Meyer Lemon Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1/4 shallot minced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 10 Black Peppercorns cracked
- 3 ounces Heavy Cream
- 1 stick Butter chilled and diced
- 1 Meyer lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp Dill chopped
- salt as needed
- Combine wine, shallot, bay leaf and peppercorns in a heavy gauge non-reactive pan and reduce over medium heat until almost completely evaporated.
- Add cream and reduce by 50%.
- Over low heat, whisk in one cube of butter until the edges begin to melt. Whisk in a few more at a time until all of the butter is melted and the sauce has a creamy texture.
- Immediately strain the sauce through a fine mesh sieve and add the Meyer lemon juice and chopped dill. Store the sauce somewhere warm (approximately 130 - 140°). If you can’t find Meyer lemons, use one ounce lemon juice and one ounce orange juice.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More