- 4 ounces Fresh, raw yellowfin tuna sliced Sushi rice
- Sushi rice
- 2 ounces Cucumber kimchi*
- 1 tbsp Sriracha aioli*
- 1 12-inch Soft flour tortilla
- 2 cups Short grain Japanese rice
- 1/4 cup White wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 Pickling cucumbers
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cloves Garlic finely chopped
- 2 Scallions chopped
- 1 1-inch Ginger finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Korean chili powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Fish sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise and then into half-moon shapes. Place in bowl with salt and let stand for 30 minutes. Drain liquid from cucumbers. Combine remaining ingredients and add to cucumbers. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Mix all ingredients and let stand for 15 minutes before using.
- Rinse rice and let dry for 15 minutes. In medium saucepan, combine rice and 2 cups cold water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over moderate heat for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook 10 more minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegars, sugar, and salt. Warm over moderate heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Mix the vinegar mixture with rice, separating rice while gently mixing. Transfer to a baking sheet and cover with a damp towel.
- Combine tuna, sushi rice, cucumber kimchi, and sriracha aioli, and gently place on a tortilla.
Pilot House Restaurant & Lounge is at 14 Gallo Road, Sandwich, pilothousecapecod.com
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!