Curried Chicken Salad Croissant: Cafe Chew
- 6-8 Croissants *Several local artisan bakeries make great croissants, including PB Boulangerie Bistro in Wellfleet, Pain D’Avignon in Hyannis, and Maison Villate in Falmouth.
- 8 cups Fresh chopped chicken meat
- 1 cup Major Grey’s Chutney or substitute with 1 cup applesauce and 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups White raisins
- 4-8 tbsp Curry powder
- Cover raisins with boiling water to plump and set aside.
- Puree chutney in food processor until smooth. Place chicken in large bowl and top with pureed chutney. Drain raisins, wringing out excess water, and add to bowl. Add 4 tablespoons curry powder.
- Toss together with the mayonnaise because the chutney and raisins add moisture. Add mayonnaise a little at a time and continue to toss until it’s as moist as you like—you will not need a lot. Taste, and add more curry powder and/or brown sugar to your liking. Fills 6-8 croissants.
You might also like:
In this holiday issue of Cape Cod Life I would like to share with you my column from the holidays…Read More
Above, the 2020 issue of Cape Cod LIFE June, known to readers as the Best Of issue. Digital: During these…Read More
HGTV’s 2019 Ultimate House Hunt highlights a few remarkable properties across the region, proving what locals and frequent visitors already…Read More